Community Engagement & CPO
Askival’s specialist team has extensive experience in community engagement and compulsory purchase orders (CPO).
We undertake comprehensive community and resident engagement to secure local support for regeneration proposals. For example, through our community ballot work, we helped to achieve a 91.5% result in favour of a major scheme in Waltham Forest.
This service can include:
- Conduct community ballots for urban regeneration proposals
- Equality impact assessments of schemes
- Engage with resident and non-resident leaseholders to undertake settlement negotiations
- Secure precautionary & compliant CPO arrangements
- Aim to secure acquisitions within a timeframe that enables the development to progress in accordance with the delivery plan.
"The Askival team’s contribution is significant in supporting the Council in preparing for CPOs. Their advice and guidance has been high quality and always timely. Their calm demeanour and supportive approach has broader benefits for the Council team working alongside them."Julian Hart, Estate Regeneration and Housing Delivery Programme Consultant
"A big thank you to Tony, Ifte and Rob for all your support and guidance through a very stressful time. You were all there whenever we needed advice, you were honest and managed our expectations. Nothing was ever too much."Lisa Graham, former resident on the Ravensbury Estate, Merton following acquisition negotiations on behalf of Clarion Housing Group.