Askival specialises in providing client-side development management on behalf of local authorities and housing associations who are undertaking anything from small scale residential schemes to major, multi-use, regeneration projects.
We work closely with our client’s development team where there is an in-house resource, but can also provide an all-inclusive service package. Either way Askival brings an unrivalled focus on the importance of project delivery.
Through a process of value engineering, design review and reference to the client brief we ensure that risks are properly addressed and opportunities are implemented throughout the whole life-cycle of the scheme.
Typically, this service would include:
- Confirm the budget for each scheme and manage the costs effectively
- Confirm the professional team for each scheme
- Agree the programme and required outcomes with the client
- Plan, deliver and attend on-going public consultation exercises
- Create and update the risk register
- Collaborate with internal teams and departments to maintain support for schemes
- Assist councils to deliver compulsory purchase orders where required
- Manage the negotiation of contractual terms in light of legal advice
- Finalise the specification and employer’s requirements
- Procure full construction team
- Work with the employer’s agent to manage the construction process
- Regularly attend site to review progress
- Project management of capital projects throughout the development process
- Manage the handover process and liaise with lettings staff
- Identify and negotiate terms with a sales agent and administer the sales process for shared ownership and open market sale properties
- Management of the defects’ liability period
- Ensure project files are maintained to meet the audit requirements of the client and external stakeholders
“Askival has provided an oven-ready development team, known and trusted, reliable and with governance. They very quickly drafted a development strategy for me to take to the board.”Suzanne Wolfe, Chief Executive, Industrial Dwellings Society